A look at the infected lip tattoo care, ideas, cost, pain, fade and swelling.
Inner lip tattoo care
Nowadays the trend of having a tattoo is popular. People are getting them everywhere on the body. When it comes to a tattoo that is inside the lip, then caring becomes the hardest task. This is due to the fact that inner lip might fade tattoo quickly due to the excessive moisture.
More than 40% of inner lip tattoos normally fade as people don’t take proper care of it. With a good care, you are able to keep the infected lip tattoo clean and also bright for a long period. Following are some of tips that will assist you out.
- Consult the tattoo artist and also ask for proper caring of the inner lip tattoo. Most of the tattoo artists usually recommend keeping the tattoo as dry as possible for first five days. This is actually the healing time of a tattoo.
- So as to prevent the inner lip tattoo from rubbing against the teeth, get a piece of clean fine cloth or even a towel and place it between the inner lip and the teeth. This can prevent the tattoo from fading and is able to fasten up the healing process.
- Aftercare of the inner lip tattoo is normally different from the ordinary tattoos, so don’t use any given kind of lotions or even the antibacterial soaps. The things that you are able to apply are vitamin D and A as an ointment on the inside parts of the lips.
- The mouth has a property of healing fast so leave the tattoo and let it heal by itself even for the infected lip tattoo.
- The main focus should be on keeping the inside parts of the lip as dry as possible. But you can easily drink and also eat without messing the tattoo.
- Another important thing that you should do so as to heal the tattoo is that you placing some paper towels in cheeks and also under the tongue so that salivary glands absorb more amount of moisture and also keep the tattoo dry in sleep.
- After about three days, you will be done with the healing, so you can simply stop putting the towels in mouth so as to avoid moisture,
- It is obvious that an inner lip tattoo will fade as time goes by, but proper care might extend the fading time. So take very good care of the inner lip tattoo especially when its healing,
Inner lip tattoo ideas
Inner lip tattoos seem like a very silly concept, but once you understand more about it, then they don’t appear to be such a bad idea. These tattoos are normally temporary as the cells on the inside part of mouth leads to the area to repair itself. Inner lip tattoos contains both positive as well as negative sides to it.
Some of positive outcomes of the inner lip tattoos include it’s hidden location, which might be a pro for any person who wants to have a tattoo, but do not want it to be much visible. Another pro is that the tattoos heal quickly than tattoos in all other areas of the body. You don’t have to worry much about getting the tattoo later in life, since it is normally temporary.
There are as well a few negative aspects of the inner lip tattoos. Although the tattoo heals much faster, this also implies that it fades much faster. The tattoo can completely disappear between 1 and 6 years, so if you want the tattoo to be permanent, it might be a waste of a lot of money.
Another con is trying to find an artist who wants to tattoo the inner lip. There are the artists that do not feel any comfortable doing this due to the location of the tattoo and also the bacteria and risks that are involved and they will probably turn you down. The risk of infection is equally higher due to the bacteria that is found in mouth.
Lip tattoos might be something that you can have fun with, but if you do decide that u want to get an inner lip tattoo, then there are various precautions that you should take. You should rinse the mouth using a mouth wash at least 5 times a day so as to keep the bacteria out. As long as you are very much careful and take good care of tattoo while healing, most of the people enjoy having it.
Inner lip tattoo cost
An inner lip tattoo is a very unique way that is used to express yourself as the tattoo isn’t visible. As the name indicates, the tattoo can be placed on the inside part of the bottom or even the upper lip.
- Like any other tattoos, the price varies from one artist to another. The price normally starts at about $50. But, the price can also go beyond this much depending on complexity of the design.
- Almost the same price range was also confirmed by voters in forums of yahoo.com about inner lip tattooing. Depending on the design, the amount of color, shading, as well as the size of the tattoo, you will have to pay from about $50-$100.
What is going to be included?
- Basically, the money that you pay to the tattoo artist will be for the ink, sterile needles, time the tattoo artist requires to take to do the inner lip tattoo, and difficulty aspect of the tattoo.
- All tattoo artists have stock designs as well as the fonts from which you can be able to choose. Some might even assist you with design if you have already something in mind.
- Since tattoo redoing is very much common for the inner lip tattoos, most of the artists include the second tattoo on initial payment. With that, you should get a redo for free.
- The instructions for after care of the tattoo are usually given by an artist and some healing ointment so as to speed up the healing process and also lessen the pain.
- Most of the reputable artists guarantee their work after being done.
What are the extra costs?
- Unlike other tattoos, inner lip tattoos normally fade rather quickly. If you want the tattoo to last for a longer period of time, you will require to have it redone every so often. But, most artist do not charge to retouch their own work once; they can thus charge for the subsequent touch ups.
Factors that influence the price:
- Tattoo design. The good thing about inner lip tattoos is that they are very small so the price of having it done is a bit lower than all other tattoos. But, the price varies according to design itself. Most of the designs are words, symbols or even the names of someone who is special. Other complex designs will demand attention to the details. If this is the particular case, then you will most likely pay a higher than usual designs.
- Tattoo Shops’ Location. There are still regions that have few tattoo shops. If you live in one of the cities, you might find much higher prices as there are no competitors.
Tips to know:
- It must be understood that lip tattoos normally fade quickly due to the acid and chemical content of the mouth. In fact, about 35% of all the inner lip tattoos fade away in the first year. If you do not want to go through this, then you must understand how to take proper care of it.
- Always enquire the tattoo artist about recommendations of proper after care. Common tips that are given by experts include keeping it dry for the next five days while the inner lip tattoo heals.
- It is further advised to opt for a reputable tattoo shop even if it is more expensive. The more reputable shops can be cleaner and do a higher quality work. As we all understand, an individual can get an infection out of the dirty tattoo shops.
- While some of the tattoos may be very painful, experts will tell you that an inner lip tattoo can be one of the most painful tattoos that you can receive.
Inside lip tattoo pain
The answer to inner lip tattoo pain varies with diverse conditions. To some other people, the thought of having a lip tattoo might drive a chill through the spines; but, it is an exciting and also an exhilarating task. People really enjoy the pain and also sting while having a lip tattoo.
Such people are staunch tattoo fanatics. But the fact might not be avoided that whenever the tattoo is made the pain is there and even it hurts till 10 minutes after having the tattoo. The other tattoos such as the arm lower back or even the ankle or other such tattoos might be measured as least agonizing placements for the tattoos, but lips are not considered to be the least agonizing located for tattoos.
But, the intensity of pain in getting an inner lip tattoo may differ based on several aspects like inception of ache the person, or even the skill of the tattoo artist or an infected lip tattoo might also hurt. Some other people also say that the inner lip tattoo does not hurt much. It only aches a little bit.
Inner lip tattoo fade
One of the unique aspects of an inner lip tattoo is that they are considered to be temporary as the nature of mucosal cells which line the inside part of the mouth. One difference that is between the ectodermal tissue lining the skin and oral cells, is that the oral tissue repairs faster. A skin insult or wound that usually takes 3 weeks so as to heal only takes about 3 days in the mouth because of the rapid regeneration of the mucosal cells.
Because of this, most of the inner lip tattoos fade and also disappear in about 5 years. But, some only last for months, so make the most of the opportunity and get something that you might be afraid to have inked on the body for the rest of life. For instance, your boyfriend’s name, or even something that is profane. It’s normally hidden and it’s probably not going to last for long.
How much are lip tattoos
Considering that the inner lip doesn’t take up that space, a tattoo on the lip can cost about $50. Of course tattoo shops have varied price lists for services. Before getting an inner lip tattoo, you must think about if it’s really worth the money as there is no much that you can tattoo in that spot. The tattoo can be very simple. Secondly, consider the inner lip swelling and also the healing process. Thirdly, an inner lip tattoos don’t last forever and can likely fade and also disappear after several months.
Infected inner lip tattoo swelling
Swelling after getting an inner lip tattoo is a natural thing, and the lip tattoos are not an exception to this. The swelling usually stays for about three days, but it starts to recede after the first day. If it hasn’t lessened even after the two days, it is thus a thing to worry about. It might be the symptom of an infected tattoo. There are several reasons for a prolonged swelling; if the person who is getting inked is allergic to some pigment that is used in the ink, excessive swelling might occur.
This is likely if the tattoo has not been done by a professional artist who uses ink that is prescribed by the FDA, which is safe, while other artists hardly use this prescribed ink. So, to avoid any kind of swelling due to the infected inner lip tattoo, the best option that is available is to get inked by a professional artist and then follow all instructions of aftercare that is given by him. Taking proper aftercare can reduce the healing time of tattoo.
Together with the swelling, you might experience a strange taste in mouth, which is due to the blood and also the ink, and there is nothing to worry about. Scabbing might as well happen, as it occurs after every other tattoo.
- Lip Tattoos Hurt: http://liptattoos.org/lip-tattoos-hurt.html
- The Ins and Outs of Inner Lip Tattoos: http://info.painfulpleasures.com/blogs/ins-and-outs-inner-lip-tattoos
- How Much Are Lip Tattoos: http://needfindtattoo.blogspot.co.ke/2012/09/how-much-are-lip-tattoos.html
- Lip Tattoo Swelling: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/lip-tattoo-swelling.html
- How Much Does an Inner Lip Tattoo Cost: http://www.howmuchisit.org/inner-lip-tattoo-cost/
- Tips to Take Care of Inner Lip Tattoo: https://mediasips.wordpress.com/2014/10/28/tips-take-care-inner-lip-tattoo/