A critical look at the whiteheads on nose with regard to the causes, clogged pores, removing, treatment and also home remedies.
What Causes Whiteheads on nose?
A whitehead is an acne that forms during the period when the dead skin cells, and bacteria are trapped within one of the pores. Whiteheads can be very much annoying, and they also seem to develop at the worst of the times.
Whiteheads on nose, also called closed comedones, are a very mild form of acne that look like very small, white bumps that appears on the skin. They are much similar to the blackheads, in that they are brought about by a build up of the oil, dead skin cells, as well as the bacteria in the pores and happen very frequently on the oily patches of the skin on the nose, chin and also the cheeks.
Whiteheads may be treated effectively at home, by use of a combination of a very good skincare and hygiene practices and also topical creams.
Understanding the cause of the whiteheads on nose can assist an individual to know what to do so as to prevent future breakouts. Clogged pores are the main reason of the whiteheads. The pores may become much blocked for several other reasons.
One cause of blocked pores is the hormonal changes, which is very common triggers of acne. Some life stages may increase the produced amount of sebum, or oil, the pores are able to produce. The increased oil production leads to clogged pores and also the whiteheads. These stages are:
- pregnancy and
Taking birth control pills might also increase the hormone levels and lead to acne amongst the women. Likewise, some of the women may notice a large amount of acne during some stages of the menstrual cycles once they stop taking the birth control pills.
Genetics can also play a crucial role in the development of several types of acne, which includes whiteheads on nose, according to studies. If someone in the family suffers from the whiteheads, you have a higher chance of developing them also.
Here are some of the causes of whiteheads on nose:
- Hormonal Changes – if you are going through puberty or you are also undergoing any of the hormonal changes, it is more likely that you will have a lot of whiteheads than the usual. Do also remember that once the hormones go back to the normal level, then you will have much lesser bouts to do with whiteheads and also other forms of acne.
There are some stages in human life when there happen major and several changes in the hormonal levels like puberty, menstruation and menopause.
- Products – There are also times when instead of making the skin better, some of the skin products can only harm the skin. Whiteheads on nose can be produced due to this.
- Medicines- Some medication that have an effect on hormone levels can also lead to whiteheads. One of the examples is the birth control pills that is taken by women.
- Increase in the level of androgens- Androgens are the male sex hormones. Both men and women have the hormones but the degree of presence greatly differs in both of them.
Women who go through hormone-replacement therapy for the menopause symptoms can also get whiteheads and other types of pimples and also acne if the drug has testosterone.
Men who take androgenic steroids so as to build the muscle mass can also get whiteheads acne. These can sometimes get to large levels thus forming cystic acne.
- Genes and the heredity- Most of the studies have indicated that sebum production is mostly controlled by the genes. Genes may change the physiology of the skin thus making it very sensitive to the hormones.
Therefore, same levels of androgen hormones, for example, may have different results on an acne-prone skin and the one that is not. If you have acne-prone skin, you are more likely to get even whiteheads.
- Spicy foods- There are two views about whether spicy food causes whiteheads acne. Scientific studies have not been yet able to prove that spices cause acne or whiteheads. Many people suffering from the frequent whiteheads, but, they believe that spices do also contribute to not only forming but also in worsening the condition of acne and other comedones.
So, there can be some of the foods that can provide whiteheads all over the face or even on the shoulders. If so, do away with that food from the diet but there is no known proof about any food leading to whitehead.
Whiteheads on Nose
Whiteheads on nose do not go through the oxidation and therefore they don’t get the black color. Thus, they are similar to the blackheads in composition, made up of the sebum and also dead skin cells. But, they do not have wide openings but only the microscopic opening to the skin’s surface.
Thus, they are also known as closed comedones. As the air never reaches the follicle because of very small opening, there’s no oxidation and the comedones are white to be called whiteheads. Unlike the blackheads, whiteheads block off the affected hair follicles.
Clogged Pores Nose
When the dry or even the dead skin cells, every day dirt and debris block oil from flowing freely through the skin pores, pimples and blackheads can develop on your nose, chin and face. Sometimes the pores can also get clogged, when the skin is inflamed much due to excessive white blood cells.
Whitehead on Nose Treatment
- Wash the face twice daily.Whiteheads normally develop when the excess oil, bacteria as well as the dead skin cells become trapped in the pores. You might eliminate the build-up of the whiteheads on nose that is found on the surface of the skin by washing of it twice daily, by use of a gentle, non-oily facial wash. Try not to wash with very much vigor or use harsh skincare products, as this might dry out and irritate the skin.
- Although it seems like a perfect idea to wash often, cleaning of the face more than twice a day may dry out the skin, making it to produce more oil so as to compensate and thus causing to more whiteheads.
- Not all oil is bad — the face requires some amount of natural oils so as to stay healthy. Washing twice a day just assists to get rid of the excess.
- Wash your hair more frequently.Having greasy hair may greatly contribute to a lot of oil on the surface of the skin, thus increasing the chances of the whiteheads on nose.
And also washing the face, you require to ensure that you are washing your hair on a regular basis, therefore preventing excess oil from building up especially on the face. Washing every two to three days should be enough for many people, unless you tend to have oily hair.
- Remember that over-washing the hair might actually lead to the body to produce more oil so as to compensate. Washing every day is overkill for many people.
- Use oil-free make up and lotions.Oily make-up and other skin care products are some of the worst culprits when it comes to clogging of the pores. As a result then, you should look for make-up, sunscreens and also face lotions that are noncomedogenic on the label. This implies that they are non-oily and will not clog the pores.
- You should also be very sure to wash out the make-up brushes and also sponges more regularly, as these might harbor bacteria that leads to whiteheads, blackheads and also pimples.
- Remember to always get rid of the make up with a gentle, yet very effective cleanser at the end of every other day. This will give the skin a chance to breathe overnight and thus reduce the chances of developing clogged pores.
- Use benzoyl peroxide cream.Benzoyl peroxide is a very effective acne treatment that can be used to get rid of whiteheads on nose, together with blackheads and cystic acne.
It works by killing of the bacteria on the surface of the skin and by also unclogging the built-up oil as well as the dead skin cells from pores. Benzoyl peroxide is found in many different strengths, some found over-the-counter, and some need a prescription.
- Benzoyl peroxide might be harsh on skin, leading to a sting, itch or become very dry and flaky. Always start with the lowest strength that is found, especially if you have sensitive skin, and only use it on the affected spots.
- Try salicylic acid.Salicylic acid normally breaks down the whiteheads. It also assists to slow down the shedding of the skin cells in the hair follicles, therefore preventing pores from becoming blocked in the first place.
- Salicylic acid is also found in various strengths over-the-counter, in both cream as well as ointment form.
- This treatment may also be irritating on the skin, so make sure that you apply it directly onto the pimples and avoid the surrounding skin.
- Use retinoid creams.Retinoid creams and also gels are made from the vitamin A derivatives and are pretty much a one-stop solution for an array of the skin problems, from fine lines and also the wrinkles, to superficial scars as well as discolorations, to acne related issues. Retinoid creams assist to clear-up whiteheads by unclogging of the pores and also promoting cell turnover.
- Retinoid creams may lead to the skin to become a little red and also irritated when you first start using them. These signs should subside as the skin adjusts to the new treatment.
- Retinoids might also be taken in oral form and are much effective at reducing of oil production and getting rid of the bacteria from the inside. These are normally only prescribed for very severe acne.
Whiteheads on Nose Removal Home Remedies
There are also home remedies that might be done in order to get rid of whiteheads on nose using the products that you can use at your own home. Here are some home remedies to try out.
1.Try Lemon Juice
Lemon is very rich in Vitamin C. Aside from that, it also contains other components that may make it very good for the skin. This can assist to make the skin rejuvenate faster and can help get rid of whiteheads entirely.
- Slice a lemon in half of its size.
- Take out the lemon juice and remove the lemon skin.
- Rub the lemon skin on the face for about five minutes.
- Do this process for about thrice a week.
- Apply Steam to get rid of whiteheads on nose
Many people know that steaming is performed just before the basic facial cleansing is done in dermatologists. What it does is it assists to open up the pores of the skin.
As a result therefore, it will be easier for the whiteheads on nose to be removed from the skin. At the same time, other kinds of the bacteria and dirt can also be removed to make the skin smoother and clearer.
- Boil a cup of water.
- After the water comes to a boil, place it in a container.
- Place face over the container.
- Steam for about 15 minutes.
- Pat dry using a clean towel afterwards.
- Wonders of Oatmeal
Oatmeal works to exfoliate the face; it can help get rid of whiteheads on nose as well as bacteria that may be left on the face.
- Prepare powdered oatmeal and mix it in using a cup of unflavored yogurt.
- Mix the ingredients and place on the skin for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water then cold water so as to close the pores.
- Do the process about thrice a week.
- Sandalwood Powder
A lot of people do not realize that sandalwood powder is normally considered to be one of the safest home remedies that is able to be placed on the skin because it is mild. What it does is it takes out and removes excess oil from the face so that the appearance of whiteheads can be reduced.
- Prepare some sandalwood powder and add rose water (water with rose petal extract).
- Mix the two ingredients together to form a paste.
- Use the paste on the face for about 20 minutes.
- Wash using warm water afterwards.
- Use Sugar Scrub
Sugar is also known to exfoliate very well and when placed on the skin can help get rid of whiteheads on nose and trapped dirt and bacteria below the skin.
- Mix honey and sugar together so as to form a paste.
- Use the paste on the face gently.
- Massage the paste all over the face by making sure that the whole face is covered.
- Leave the paste on the face for about 15 minutes.
- Wipe off with a clean wash cloth.
- Rinse residue using cold water.
- Do the process at least twice a week.
How to Get Rid of Whiteheads on Nose
1.Apple Cider Vinegar
It can be very effective in assisting to get rid of whiteheads on nose and oil on the face. It also has some components that can assist to kill the bacteria causing whiteheads and other forms of acne.
- Mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a cup of water.
- Using a cotton ball, place the apple cider vinegar mixed in with the water on the affected area of the skin.
- Leave the solution on the face for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse off using lukewarm water.
- Apply Strawberries to get rid of whiteheads on nose
You might be surprised to see that strawberries are actually a part of the list. The main reason why it can be very effective is because of its texture. It is not as soft as other berries or as soft as other fruits in general.
It can help remove whiteheads on nose. It can also be used to remove dead skin cells that might cause the appearance of whiteheads.
- Mash the strawberries until a thick paste is made.
- Place a tablespoon of honey to make the paste even stickier.
- Spread the paste on the face evenly.
- Leave on for about 20 minutes.
- Do the process about twice a week.
- Try Tea Tree Oil
Like Apple Cider Vinegar, this is also a home remedy that can perform very effectively as an astringent. What it does is it removes the oil that is trapped under the skin. Other than that, it may also effectively remove whiteheads on nose as it contains antibacterial properties.
Place a few drops of the tea tree oil on a cotton swab.
Dab the tea tree oil on affected skin areas.
Place on the skin and leave it on for about 25 minutes.
Wash using clean and cool water.
- What causes whitehead? 3 possible conditions: http://www.healthline.com/symptom/whitehead
- 23 Ways to Get Rid of Whiteheads On Nose and Chin Fast: http://naturalremedyideas.com/get-rid-of-whiteheads/
- Do Certain Foods Cause Whiteheads: http://www.livestrong.com/article/496336-foods-that-cause-whitehead-acne/
- How to Stop Whiteheads: http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-Whiteheads
- How to Get Rid of Whiteheads: http://www.rapidhomeremedies.com/how-to-get-rid-of-whiteheads.html
- 10 Tips To Get Rid Of Whiteheads On Nose and Chin (Fast & Naturally): http://www.howhunter.com/skin-care/get-rid-of-whiteheads-on-nose-and-chin/