Does tooth enamel grow back? A look into tooth enamel loss repair kit, repair cost, tooth cupping, pictures, paint, rebuild tooth enamel and how to strengthen tooth enamel
Does Tooth Enamel Grow Back
Taking care of your enamel is the top notch way of having a great smile. Enamel is the thin layer which covers teeth, protecting the tissues. Sipping can stain, chip and also wear away the covering thus making the teeth to be very sensitive to hot and cold drinks.
While the enamel wears away, it starts to yellow from translucent, showing the yellow dentin. There are a lot of products that are on the market which claims to assist in restoring the lost enamel. But doctors have put it clear that once the enamel is eroded, then it is gone for good as it can’t regrow like the broken skin, cut nails, hair growing or even like the fractured bone.
The enamel is also the hardest tissue in the human body. The only problem with it is that it is not living and thus cannot be regenerated, not even by use of the special toothpastes.
But the tooth enamel can be remineralized as that is what is done by the said toothpastes through pushing of calcium and the phosphates into the tooth thus hardening the enamel. The acid usually draws calcium and phosphates out of teeth and thus fluoride forces the minerals that are in saliva back into tooth.
The best option that is available to prevent tooth enamel loss is through preservation of the enamel that you have through brushing and flossing as well as diet. Avoid the use of carbonated sodas as they are some of the causes of enamel loss including some other overt drinks.
Most of over-the-counter whiteners as highly acidic, implying that they lead to the enamel wearing away fast.
Tooth Enamel Repair Kit
Before looking at the kit, let’s dwell a bit into restoration procedure of the tooth enamel.
There are several ways that are claimed to lead to restoration of the tooth enamel. To repair the enamel;
- Understand the causes of enamel erosion- there are different causes of enamel erosion which includes poor diet as well as various medical conditions. Understanding your specific cause can help you to prevent further decay.
- Acidic drinks contributes to the problem
- Foods that are high in starch can also cause enamel erosion
- Medical conditions like dry mouth, inherited conditions might lead to your enamel eroding
- Medications such as aspirin contributes largely to enamel erosion
- Mechanical factors such as wear and tear, friction and brushing often softens the enamel thus leading to its erosion
- Identify signs of tooth enamel loss
- If the teeth is yellowing, it might be due to the dentin showing through a worn enamel
- Excessive sensitivity to temperature
- Chip and cracks in teeth
- Pits on surface of teeth
- Brush using fluoride toothpaste- fluoride is an important component of a toothpaste as it reverses the early decay. Brushing teeth twice a day restores the enamel or prevents further loss to it.
- The toothpaste is found in most of your local pharmacies
- Ask your dentist about the use of fluoride. Do not use a lot of fluoride as it can lead to a condition known as fluorosis especially for children
Enamel Repair Kit
Uncle Harrys Remineralization Kit is claimed to be a natural, safe and also a very effective way that can correct continued loss of the tooth enamel thus strengthening and stabilizing cavities from further demineralization.
Tooth Enamel Repair Cost
Tooth bonding is the use of a special tooth colored resin which is applied then hardened by use of a special light. This then bonds resin to the tooth thus restoring it improving the appearance of tooth.
Procedure for tooth bonding
- Preparation: this is required for dental bonding. The dentist uses a shade guide so as to select a composite resin color which closely matches your teeth.
- The process: the surface of the tooth is roughened then applying a conditioning liquid. This helps the bonding material to adhere to the tooth. A laser is then used to harden the material. The dentist then trims so as to shape it so as to match the shin of the tooth surface.
- Time to completion: the procedure takes approximately 1 hour per tooth so as to complete.
The cost associated with this procedure varies largely depending on special procedures that are needed to be performed, number of tooth to be bonded. The cost lies between $150 and $400 per tooth. Ensure that you check with your dentist for the exact cost of the procedure.
This is an early sign of tooth enamel loss where the extension of such erosion into dentine is difficult to determine. Molar cupping is a term that is used to describe presence of craters on back teeth. The problem needs to be frequently talked about. It needs to be addressed by the dentists. You may be required to alter some of your habits so as to prevent subsequent damage.
Dentists can diagnose this problem through physical examination of the molars. There are restorative procedures which are designed to rebuild your teeth after cupping but you will be required to understand the cause so that you obtain a long-term solution.
Acid erosion is said to be the cause of molar cupping especially if you consume a lot of acidic foods on regular basis which wears the enamel of your tooth. Any food or drink whose pH scale is below 5.5 can easily damage your tooth enamel.
Saliva and water helps to neutralize the mouth pH thus preventing tooth enamel loss.
It might be also true that the acid that is causing cupping to your teeth is coming back from the stomach through acid reflux. The doctor might help to restore your digestive health prevent further molar cupping.
Molar cupping may also be due to mechanical abrasion like teeth grinding. Such forces on chewing surfaces of teeth may produce molar cupping. A night –time mouth guard may assist to protect the molars from cupping.
Also note that when you have teeth cupping, you will notice a change in the way your teeth bite together or the dental fillings becoming loose.
Pictures of Teeth without Enamel
Tooth Enamel Paint
There is good new regrading tooth enamel loss. A series of innovations might soon transform the experience.
Studies conducted at the University of Leeds indicated that a special paste that is painted on teeth can prevent the decay. The said paste have molecules which seep into the holes of the tooth’s surface.
Can You Rebuild Tooth Enamel
Enamel is similar to a bone, such that once it’s gone, then it can’t be retrieved as it is impossible for the body to make a new enamel. Your aim should thus be to strengthen the enamel you have through a process known as “remineralization”.
Weakened tooth enamel can be repaired as long as such an erosion hasn’t caused the enamel to disappear entirely. Ensure that you keep your enamel healthy effectively through prevention. Use an enamel strengthening toothpaste.
If the doctor finds out that you problem is bruxism, then a mouth guard will be given to you so as to avoid the tooth enamel loss. Also avoid acidic foods or even drink soda through a straw so as to protect your teeth.
Talk to your doctor if you suspect that some of the medication you are using such as aspirin is leading to tooth erosion who might suggest that you take a calcium supplement to help your body protect the enamel.
How to Strengthen Tooth Enamel
Weak enamel can undermine your oral health without discoloring of your smile. Strong enamel is an important factor in determining a good mouth care and thus protecting tooth enamel loss is an excellent general health.
There are many ways that can help to strength your enamel without consideration of how depleted it has become.
Unfortunately, unlike your bones which have regenerative cells, the enamel does not have and thus cannot grow back and thus can’t be replaced. There are many steps that can be taken to stop further erosion.
- Avoid foods that demineralize enamel: some of the carbohydrates that are found in candy, cookies, and soft drinks combine with bacteria that is naturally in mouth creating harmful acids which breaks the building blocks in tooth enamel. The process leads to the acid eating away the naturally produced minerals within the enamel.
- Add remineralizing Products: this is one of the best preventative measures which can be used to prevent tooth enamel loss is by using products which have remineralizing agents. The fluoride in the agents is one of the ways that can be used to fortify it. Drink a lot of fluorinated water and ensure that you inquire with dentist about topical fluorides
- Properly brush your teeth: when you have sensitivity when brushing or even eating then you need to have an appointment with your dentist. Brushing forcefully or too hard can break down the enamel. Brush your teeth gently for at least twice a day using a soft bristle toothbrush.
- Choose a Remineralizing Diet: tooth enamel loss which occur if you have a prolonged weakened enamel was not a big problem in the ancient times. Modern diets play a larger part in the increased rate of decay. Some of the foods might assist in remineralizing the teeth, so ensure that you choose a diet that contains items which strengthens the enamel such as whole grains, lean proteins, fruits etc.
- How To Strengthen Weak Enamel: https://www.colgate.com/en-us/oral-health/life-stages/adult-oral-care/how-to-strengthen-weak-enamel-0915
- Can Tooth Enamel Be Restored: https://www.colgate.com/en-us/oral-health/life-stages/adult-oral-care/can-tooth-enamel-be-restored-0915
- Protective paint for your teeth and fast-acting braces could banish the dentist’s drill
- What Is Molar Cupping: http://www.parkslopedentalarts.com/blog/what-is-molar-cupping
- Tooth bonding: https://www.webmd.boots.com/oral-health/guide/tooth-bonding
- Teeth Bonding Cost: http://www.acedentalresource.com/dental-procedures/cosmetic-dentistry/teeth-bonding
- Repairing Enamel: https://www.wikihow.com/Restore-Tooth-Enamel